The Queen's Regiment Memorial Dedication Service was held on 15th May 2016
At approximately 1230, on this the day before the 205th anniversary of the Battle of Albuhera and in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Formation of The Queen's Regiment on 31 December 1966, the new Queen's Regiment Memorial was unveiled by Captain Harrie Welmer, Defence and Naval Attache of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
Some 250 members of the Regiment, their family and friends looked on as the Memorial was dedicated by The Right Reverend John Kirkham MA, Bishop to the Forces. Following the dedication 30 Officers and Senior NCOs enacled the Silent Toast Ceremony afterwhich all present raised their glasses to all those who had served in The Queen's Regiment.
Dedication Service at the NMA 2016
The memorial was first dedicated on Sobraon Day, 10 February 1995. It stood outside Regimental Headquarters until the closure of Howe Barracks in February 2015 when it was moved to Leros Barracks.
It was rededicated by Canon Paul Kerr of Rochester Cathedral on 3 May 2015.
The central royal cypher originally sat above the entrance to the Officers' Mess, Wemyss and Infantry Barracks, Canterbury and was later displayed in the original Queen's Regimental Museum before being incorporated into this memorial.
Re-dedication Service Leros Bks 2015
Last Remembrance Service Howe Bks 2014
Queen's Regt Riders Assoc
The QRRA was set up under the Queen's Regimental Association for all Queensmen and is open to all Battalions (with a minimum service 3 years).
Did you miss
The One Aim Rally 2015?
Catch the highlights and join us in 2016 for another great weekend!
To find out more about what we do, visit our website